I always love coconut. Baking coconut adds flavor and texture. These cookies are made with oats, coconut, sugar and vanilla. They are quick to make. I used whole grain oats which are nutritious.
Coconut Oats cookies are very crispy and soft with an intense coconut flavor. Here is the recipe of these lovely and delicious cookies.
All purpose flour – 2 cups
Shredded Coconut – 2 cups
Whole grain oats – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Egg – 2 no
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Salt a pinch
Baking Soda – ½ tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Melted Better – ½ cup
- In a bowl add melted butter, sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, oats, shredded coconut, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add to above mixture and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Shape into 1-in balls, flatten slightly and place them apart on greased baking sheet.
- Place some shredded coconut on top of cookies.
- Bake for 15-17mins or golden brown.
- Remove from oven immediately if overcooked cookies get hard.