This weekend I bought new baking pans and I was very keen to bake some cake. Then taught of baking an eggless mango cake which I tried couple of months back but could not post the recipe which I bookmarked from ChefInyou.
This Mango Cake was so moist and scrummy. The cardamom powder to it adds great fragrance and nice flavor to cake. I love its color and its taste is splendid.
I sliced the cake into small heart shapes pieces using cookie cutter and garnished with fresh mango pieces and sprinkled some powdered sugar on top of it. We can always frost it with your favorite one.
All purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
Mango puree – 1 ½ cups
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Baking powder -2 tsps
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Canola oil – 1/3 cup
Granulated sugar – 2/3 cup
- In a bowl mix mango puree and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, baking powder, salt, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Combine all-purpose flour and add canola oil and beat well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour the mixture into a greased round cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 mins before removing from cake pan
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cake and garnish with mango pieces ( optional step)