Friday, April 6, 2012

Schezwan Fried Rice

Schezwan Fried Rice is colorful and simple spicy rice which can in prepared in very less time. This is mine and my husband’s one of the favorite dish. And I learnt this easy recipe from my friend Tulasi.



This rice is part of Chinese cuisine which is prepared by tossing rice with veggies and schezwan sauce which gives unique and yummy taste. I love its flavor. We can add veggies of our choice.


I make this rice quiet frequently in my weekdays as it is very Easy, Quick and flavorsome Rice for those hectic days when I and my husband are on the run.



Ingredients:

Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Veggies (Capsicums, onion, carrot, peas, corn) chopped length wise all together – 1 ½ cup
Schezwan sauce -2 – 3 tsp ( based on spicy)
Salt As Required
Oil – 2 tsp



Preparation 
  • Cook 1 cup basmati rice with 1 ½ cup water and keep aside.
  • Boil all veggies with very little water in a microwave for a min.
  • Heat oil in a frying pan add ginger garlic paste and fry for a min.
  • Add all veggies and cook for 2-3 minutes.
  • Now add Schezwan sauce, salt and mix well.
  • Add boiled rice and toss well till the sauce mixes well with veggies, rice and fry for 2 minutes
  • Yummy Rice is Ready!!!!


Sending this to Spotlight-LunchBox ideas hosted by Chandrani , Showcase -What's Your LunchBox hosted by Divya and to my event CC-Spring Seasonal Food 


47 comments:

  1. I am preparing fried rice today. After seeing urs want to try this one. But don't have the sauce. Will buy n try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favorite rice..looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome. I like the colours in this rice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks lovely and quick. the things we manage with rice isnt it great

    ur clicks r even awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so yummily done. Nice one dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious and yummy looking rice. Wonderfully prepared.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy n colourful rice....lovely clicks too

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow every time i order this...love it ya do send in ur entry for recipes with black pepper

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should not visit your blog when I'm hungry! You really made my mouth water, tempting & yummy rice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. there is something about indo-chinese cuisine that never fails to tickle our tastebud. that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. really healthy n yummy one.looks nice.rice liuks colourful..love dit.
    maha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious fried rice..looks very colorful and attractive

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very colourful fried rice u made.. Looks yummy to me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg, wat a super tempting catchy and colourful fried rice, makes me hungry..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love fried rice. Or any kind of rice, I don't discriminate :)
    This looks mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Had this last night..i luv this fried rice a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So colourful and yummy...delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very colorful and nice clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Schewan fried rice looks so colorful and delicious.

    Cuisine Delights
    My Monthly Event - Spotlight : "Lunchbox Ideas".

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy fried rice, looks so delicious, colorful n inviting too....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved the colours & the simple recipe!! I'm sure it would have been delicious too!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks so colorful and healthy. Love it! Perfect meal!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fried rice looks so very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome, this is my favourite too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simple yet delicious rice. Very colorful.
    Thanks for linking it to the event.

    Divya's Culinary Journey
    My first event-Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very colourful Sravs..Lovely and yummy..

    I liked your water marking tool..which one do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Siri - Thanks dear for your sweet comments I use Aoao watermark tool !!

    ReplyDelete
  28. tasty pure basmati rice dish that is easy to cook using Pure Basmati rice, which enhances and complements the fragrant flavours of any rice dish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog and for wonderful comments !!!