No tricks, just treats!!!!! Happy Halloween
Halloween is an annual feast usually celebrated on October 31 which includes activities like trick-or-treats, costume parties, carving pumpkins, playing and telling scary & horror stories.
To treat this Halloween holiday I made these Sugar Cookies. These cookies are full of flavor, fun to decorate and make a spooktacular display at Halloween parties!!! For this Halloween themed cookies I decorated them as pumpkins, ghosts, black cats.
I enjoyed and had so much fun decorating these Halloween cookies. Isn’t there are scary and cute :)
Sugar Cookies - Nearly 2 dozens cookies
All purpose flour – 2 ½ cups
Unsalted Butter – 1 cup
Superfine Sugar – 1 cup
Egg – 1 no
Egg yolk – 1 no
Vanilla extract – 2 tsps
Salt a pinch
- In a large mixing bowl take butter,sugar,salt and mix well until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and beat until fully integrated.
- Mix in the whole egg, vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Divide the dough into three parts and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Store in fridge at least 2 hours and upto 2 days until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. On the floured surface, roll the dough to ¼ inch thick, sprinkling with additional flour or powdered sugar as needed to prevent sticking.
- Bake until cookies appear light golden brown on the edges about 10-12 minutes.
- Cool them before decorating.
Eggless Royal Icing
Icing Sugar – ½ cup
Cornstarch – 1 ½ tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Food coloring gels – very little
Milk – 2 tsps
- In a mixing bowl, sift the sugar, cornstarch together.
- Add lemon juice and milk and mix well until thick paste.
- Divide the Icing into different bowls and add the colors accordingly.
- Keep for 10 minutes.
- We can adjust the icing accordingly based on our requirement. If thin icing is required add a bit of milk or for thick icing add more icing sugar.
- Keep the icing in piping bags or ziplock bags and use them for decorating cookies.
Sending these cookies to Halloween Fiesta hosted by Vardhini, Food Palette Series - Rainbow colors hosted by Akheela , Decorating Challenge - Royal Icing and to my event CC-Festive Food