Tomato bajji are famous at my husband's place and he remembers them a lot ,as he used to have them quite often when he was young. I gave them a try and they came out so delicious and yummy. I cannot bring back his Golden days (bcoz he is married to me LOL!!)…atleast I managed to bring the flavor of tomoto bhajji.
These are prepared with ripe round tomatoes dipped in besan batter and layered with onions, coriander leaves and roasted peanuts.
Red Round Tomatoes – 3 Medium
Besan – 1 cup
Baking Soda – ½ tsp
Salt As Required
Onion – 1
Coriander leaves – ½ cup
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
Sev (optional) – 3 tsps
Lemon juice – 2tsps
Roasted Peanuts – 3 tsps
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Oil for Deep Frying
- Wash the ripe round tomatoes and dry them.
- In a mixing bowl, add besan, baking soda, red chilli powder and salt.
- Add enough water to make thick batter.
- Heat oil on medium heat for deep frying.
- When oil gets hot, dip the tomatoes into batter and coat with thick besan batter.
- Slowly drop the coated tomato into the hot oil.
- Deep fry the tomato until it turns light golden color all over it.
- Remove bajji’s from heat.
- After it gets cooled cut the tomato bajji into halve.
- Take a wide serving plate
- Place the half bajji’s, layer each with chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves, salt, chilli powder, chaat powder, lemon juice.
- Lastly add sev and roasted peanuts.
- Serve immediately.
Sending this to My Legume Love Affair hosted by Dee originally started by The Well Seasoned Cook , Cooking with Whole foods - Tomato hosted by sanyukta originally started by Kiran and Fast Food not Fat Food hosted by priya and Kid's Delight hosted by priya originally started by srivalli.