Happy Valentine’s Day to All My Friends, Bloggers & Readers.
Valentine Day is full of love, roses, chocolates…
For this Valentine I taught to make the most admired red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting but unfortunately I got so much project work to complete in this weekend…. Ahh !! However yesterday evening took a break from my work and taught to bake something special to my darling hubby.
And I made these cute heart shapes velvet cakes and one more beautiful thing for this cake guess what !! Yes those pretty pink roses.
I love pink and I & my hubby loved those sweet roses.
I followed the same red velvet cake recipe to make those heart cakes, but unfortunately in the night I ran out of red food color, instead I used pink color. Pink Or Red I feel both are apt for Valentine ’s Day. And I made those roses by using marshmallows fondant which I bookmarked from Apy blog. I tried them first time and they came so beautiful!! Love them!!
All Purpose Flour – 1 ¼ cups
Cocoa Powder – 1 tsp
Egg – 1 no
Granulated sugar – ¾ cup
Butter (Room Temperature) – ¼ cup
Vanilla Extract – ½ tsp
Milk – ½ cup
Pink Food Color – 1 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Vinegar – ½ tsp
Marshmallows – 1 cup
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Water – 1 tbsp
- Take a bowl with a hand mixer. Beat the butter until soft
- Add eggs and sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, milk, pink food color, vinegar, baking soda and beat until combined well.
- Add cocoa powder and on low speed mix well.
- Now add Flour periodically and mix very well.
- Meanwhile grease the baking pans and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After the mixture mixes well Divide the batter evenly into prepared pans upto ¾.
- Bake those heart shapes for around 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Take marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl and water and microwave them for 40secs or until marshmallows are puffy and expand.
- Now stir them well until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar to it and stir well with spatula until sugar begins to incorporate and it becomes impossible to stir anymore.
- Now dust sugar on a large cutting board and take the above mixture and knead well like a chapati dough.
- Knead well till the fondant becomes smooth.
- We can add color at the time of marshmallows mixture or after the dough is knead properly take small portion of it and add food color and knead well till the color mixes well.
- And can make whatever cute shapes you desire.
And Sending to Chocolate Lover hosted by Resh , Love Lock with Sweets hosted by Privish started by Vidhya, Valentine Days Hosted by Teena , Chocolate Mela hosted by Srivalli, Sweet Luv hosted by Vardhini, Let's Cook - Sweet Somethings hosted by Radhika, Let's cook for Valentine's hosted by Simply.food, Love n Chocolate Fest hosted by Vimitha, Valentine Special hosted by Anzz , Kid's Delight - Sweets hosted by Kavi started by Srivalli, Bake fest hosted by Anusha started by vardhini, Cakes , Cookies & desserts hosted by Anjali and to my event Dish for Loved Ones, Decorating Challenge - Valentine's Day hosted by Amy, Bon Vivant - Sweet Moments hosted by Sumee