Potato Jeera Rice is Simple and Very quick one-pot meal to make. This is mine big favorite and I love to carry it in my lunch box daily.
Potato Jeera rice has a true flavor of Potato in each bite, mild spicy due to spices and nice delicious taste with Jeera.
This delicious rice is prepared by Potato, jeera, garam masala, sambar powder and rice. I learnt this recipe from my friend.
Rice - 1 cup
Potato chopped- 2 medium
Jeera – 1 ½ tsp
Carrot (optional) chopped– 2 tsps
Sambar powder – 2 tsps
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Spring onion chopped for garnishing
Green chillies – 1 no
Olive Oil/Canoli Oil – 5 tsps
- Cook rice with 2 cups of water and keep aside.
- Take a wide pan add oil, after oil gets heated add jeera.
- When jeera started spluttering add chopped potatoes.
- Add green chillies, little salt and mix well and cook well till potatoes are half cooked
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala, sambar powder , carrots and mix well.
- Cook well till the veggies are cooked
- Now Add Cooked rice and mix gently.
- Garnish with spring onions
- Serve with raita.
Sending this to Cooking with seeds - Cumin Seeds hosted by anusha started by Anu, Potato mania hosted by Siri.