Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C and this healthy Strawberry bread is prepared with Strawberries which makes a better breakfast that tastes delicious too. A bit of cinnamon also enhance the flavors.
Fresh Strawberries sliced – 1 ½ cups
Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
All Purpose Flour – 1 ½
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Cinnamon – 2 tsp
Eggs – 2 no
Vanilla Extract – ½ tsp
Melted Butter – ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease loaf pan.
- Rinse, core and slice the strawberries, place in a small bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 Cup sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and CINNAMON.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until foamy, then add the PURE VANILLA EXTRACT and melted butter. Stir in the strawberries.
- Combine the two mixtures, blending until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scrape the batter into the pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes before removing the bread from the pan.
Sending this to Berries - Strawberries hosted by Vardhini started by Anu, Sweet Luv hosted by vardhini, CookEatDelicious - Desserts hosted by Chez started by Raven, Sweet Somethings hosted by Radhika, Healthy Diet - Baked Goodies hosted by Raji started by Priya, Bake fest hosted by Anusha started by vardhini, Cakes , Cookies & desserts hosted by Anjali