Diwali festival is Full of lights, May your life be filled with colors and lights of happiness.
Wishing All my Friends, Bloggers, Readers and Dear Ones A Very Cheerful and Sparkling Deepavali !!!
Hope you all had/having a great and safe Diwali :)
For this Diwali I made this Sweet Bonda which is simple and wonderful dessert and can be prepared easily on special occasions and whenever you want to have some sweet with jaggery.
My mom used to make them very regularly when we were kids as evening snacks and we used to enjoy them after coming back from school.
These are prepared by simple ingredients like Wheat Flour and Jaggery. Adding coconut, rice flour and milk gave a yummy flavor. If we want we can omit them and use water instead of milk.
If we want crispiness to bondas we can use rice flour, if not we can avoid it. To get better shapes of bonda we can use a deep curved ladle or an icecream scoop to pour the batter into oil.
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Jaggery grated – ½ cup
Sugar (optional) – 1 tsp
Dry Coconut grated (optional) – 2 tsp
Elachi Powder – a pinch
Milk – 5-6tsps
Salt a pinch
Oil for deep frying
- In a wide bowl take wheat flour, add grated jaggery , milk , sugar, elachi powder, coconut, salt and mix well.
- Add little water if required and mix well till the consistency of batter will be like vada batter.
- Keep this mixture aside for 1-2 hrs.
- Heat oil in a pan; pour the batter into it with the help of ladle.
- Cook well on medium flame.
- Fry bonda’s well till golden color and drain them to kitchen towel.
Sending this to Dish it out - Wheat and Jaggery hosted by SouthIndianHome originally started by Vardhini, Serve It - Festival Potluck hosted by Krithi & Denny, Diwali- Festival of LIGHTS hosted by Anu , My Diwali MyWay hosted by Khusi, Only Sweets and Desserts hosted by Gayathri originally started by Pari and to my event CC-Festive Food