Three Cheers for Three Years!!!! I am celebrating three years of blogging and I am totally overwhelmed with this journey J
A Big Thanks to everyone who supported me in my journey of blogging and many thanks to all my blogger friends for all the encouragement with your valuable suggestion.
Celebration is not complete without sweets & treats. So here is a sweet treat ‘Coffee Cake’ for this wonderful fest.
Coffee Cake is a simple sweet moist rich cake usually made with nuts and spices. This Coffee cake with its rich crumble topping tastes great as a morning treat with a cup of coffee.
Even though it is named as coffee cake, it does not usually contain coffee. This name as come up because many people take this cake along with cup of coffee.
All Purpose flour – 1 2/3 cups
Unsalted butter – ½ cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp
White sugar – 1 cup
Eggs – 2 no
Sour Cream – ¾ cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
All Purpose flour – 1tsp
Walnuts – 1 cup
Choco Chips – 2 tbsp
Light brown sugar – ¼ cup
Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- To prepare coffee cake take a bowl add all dry ingredients all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Now add butter and mix well until the butter gets softened.
- Later add sugar and mix well to beat until light and fluffy.
- Now add eggs and mix well till the mixture is fluffy.
- Now add vanilla extract and sour cream and mix well until combined well.
- Meanwhile Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 9 inch round pan and line a parchment paper and keep aside.
- To prepare Crumb topping place chopped walnuts on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes once oven is preheated till they change color to light brown.
- Then take these baked nuts in a small bowl add brown sugar, choco chips, cinnamon and flour and mix well. Keep aside.
- Now place half of the above prepared cake batter into the greased pan, by smoothing the top with spatula. Sprinkle about half of the crumb topping on top of the batter,
- Later again place the remaining batter and then sprinkle top with remaining crumb topping.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 mins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.