It’s been a while since my last post. I had my project delivery last Friday so was busy with my work and was unable to make time for my blog and missed to visit all my fellow bloggers recipes :(
I figured out that there were many eggs in my fridge with expiry date closing in 2 days. I decided to use as many as possible. They were nothing I cooked without eggs. So our weekend was with full of Eggs Eggs Eggs!!!!!!
Egg Bajji is a simple and quick snack. I used to have these at my grandmom’s place when I was a kid. These are prepared with boiled eggs dipped in besan batter and layered with onions, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, lemon juice , chaat powder and roasted peanuts.
Eggs – 4 no
Besan – 1 cup
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Salt As Required
Onion – 1
Corinder leaves – ½ cup
Chaat masala – 1 tsp
Sev – 4 tsps
Lemon juice – 2 tsps
Roasted peants – 4 tsps
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Oil for Deep Frying
- Boil eggs peel them and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add besan, baking soda, red chilli powder and salt.
- Add enough water to make thick batter.
- Heat oil on medium heat for deep frying.
- When oil gets hot, dip the boiled eggs into batter and coat and thick besan batter.
- Slowly drop the coated boiled eggs into the hot oil.
- Deep fry them until they turn light golden color all over it.
- Remove bajjis from heat
- After it gets cooled cut the egg bajji into halve.
- Take a wide serving plate
- Place the half bajji’s, layer each with chopped onions, coriander leaves, chaat powder, red chilli powder, salt, sev, lemon juice.
- Lastly add roasted peanuts.
- Serve immediately.
Sending this to My Legume Love Affair hosted by Aqua originally started by Susan and Let's Cook : Break time snacks hosted by Radhika !!!