Maida - 2 cups
Salt a pinch
Heated ghee - 2 spoon
Water to knead the dough
For the Filling
Sooji Rava - 2 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
Grated Dried coconut - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Cashews - 5 nos
Raisins - 5 nos
Almonds - 5 nos
Oil for Deep frying
- To make the dough, take the maida, salt and ghee in a vessel.Mix well by slowly adding water to the dough and make it thick.
- Keep it aside for 30 mins by surrounding the dough with a wet cloth.
- In mean time take a frying pan add ghee,fry rava and keep it aside
- In the same pan fry the granted dried coconut on medium flame and keep it aside
- Chop the cashews,almonds into small pieces and roast them along with raisins and 1 spoon ghee and keep it aside.
- Now for the filling mix sugar,cardamom powder,roasted coconut,fried cashews,almonds,raisins,fried rava.
- Make the dough into small balls.Using rolling stick flatten the balls into thin puri
- Place the flattened dough on the kajjikaya presser. Place 2-3 tsp of filling mixture inside and close it
- Remove extra dough from the sides of presser
- Now remove the kajjikayalu from the presser and deep fry in oil
- Yummy kajjikayalu are ready and they can be stored for 3-4 weeks.