Thursday, June 30, 2011

Announcing My First Event – Cooking Concepts: Roti Pachadi/Chutney

Hello my lovely readers!!! I am very delighted to announce my first blogging event. It’s been six months since I started this blog and participated in many blogging events, which inspired me to start an event.

This is monthly event with a different concept for each month.  And the roundup will be posted the coming month’s 1st week.

So this month’s Cooking Concept is “Roti Pachadi/Chutney”.  Before proceeding, let me tell you about the word Roti pachadi ---Pachadi means Chutney which is a traditional Indian side dish and it refers to the food which has been minced. Roti is Indian mortar (Rolu ) in which this chutney is made. 

Any chutney will taste delicious if we make it by using this mortar But in US we get them very rarely and  so I use blender  to make these Pachadi.

Chutney is a dipping sauce or a fresh pickle and has very low shelf life, a maximum of one week. These are usually prepared by fresh vegetables or the peel of the vegetable can be used and is served as an accompaniment for rice, snacks like idli, dosa, vadas and so on. Gongura pachadi and coconut pachadi are my favorite, I am sure there are endless numbers of other varieties.


So why waiting friends send me as many recipes as you can.

Here are some guidelines

  • Make recipes which fit this month’s concept
  • Please link back to this page
  • Any number of entries are allowed, archives are also allowed if reposted and update with the link to the announcement page.
  • Use of logo is appreciated
  • Send me your entries to sravscc@gmail.com with subject as “CC-Roti Pachadi/Chutney” with below details
      • Name
      • Blog Name
      • Recipe Name
      • Recipe URL
      • Picture

  • Non-bloggers can also send their recipes along with picture to the above email id.

Last date for the entries is July 31st 2011.
Hope to see you all participating!!!

39 comments:

  1. Nice event Sravani.... Will send my entries ... Happy hosting.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely event ..will rush in my entries..happy hosting,dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely event .. happy hosting.

    Vardhini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Event Sravani....will definitely send in my entries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice event. Happy hoasting. Surely send my entries.
    Show and Tell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've a ongoing event calender at my blog...you can add this event there.
    Show and Tell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely theme and I wish a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes for your first event.
    I have sent one entry and will send more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice event Sravani, I will send my entries soon, happy hosting dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice concept and happy hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great event, love the theme. Happy hosting. So, does the chutney have to prepared in mortar to qualify?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great! Will send my entry soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice hosting
    sent some entry
    1st time here nice space do visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice concept sravs. Bought a newone last month. had to keep it in packing due to shifting. So happy to put it to use now.
    http://ticklingpalates.blogspot.com/2011/06/announcing-lets-cook-series-revamp-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice event Srav! Will sure send my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You just completed 6 months huh? Me too!! Sounds like we started at the same time :)

    Love chutneys or dipping sauces. This sounds like a scrumptious event. Can't wait to see all the yummy chutney ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Hosting dear .... will send u entries very soon ....
    www.rajafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. @priya - U can send me any chutneys not necessary they need to be made used mortar !! Thanks for ur interest

    ReplyDelete
  19. happy hosting
    sent my entry
    http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com/2011/07/strawberry-muffins.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely concept dear.. will send my entries soon:) Happy hosting..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice event. will send my entries soon.

    Do spread your event here http://sarafoodevents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice event dear...thanks for stopping by...will try to post a recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have lot of chutneys already posted in my blog..wonder what new combination i can try! ;)

    Nice event..happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i just posted my entry shrav's plz check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Best of luck for starting the event, nice concept.

    ReplyDelete
  26. thnX for the invite dear, i'm sending my second entry- gongura pacchadi. i suggestin dear, right click in disfunctioned in your blog tht's y i can't place ur logo on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. happy hosting...sent you my entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for inviting me to this event
    Here is my entry
    http://chillilovesmalli.blogspot.com/2011/07/136-spicy-sindhi-sweet-and-sour-chili.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog and for wonderful comments !!!