Few month’s back I watched Giada’s cooking show in food network where she made Thyme Pasta Frittata which was good and a great recipe. Then immediately I tried it out as my husband would like it as he is a Pasta lover.
Used her recipe as a base and made couple of changes by giving desi touch to it. By adding garam masala, red chilli powder and made use of less cheese.
This is an excellent Pasta Frittata recipe as it is full of herbs and lemon zest and a great recipe for brunch and picnics.
Eggs – 4 no
Whipping cream/Milk – 2 tsps
Parmesan Cheese – ½ cup
Penne Pasta – 1 ½ cup
Freshly chopped Thyme leaves – 2 tsps
Freshly chopped Parsley leaves – 1 tsp
Lemon Zest - 1 no small
Salt – ¼ tsp ( or as Required)
Grounded Pepper – ¼ tsp
Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
- Boil Pasta in water, based on the instructions given in the packet or till cooked.
- After cooked remove water from pasta and keep aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and cream.
- Mix cheese, pasta, thyme , parsley , lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala and mix well.
- In a 8-inch pan, heat oil and on medium heat.
- Pour the egg thyme mixture into the pan and cook for 6 to 7 minutes until the edges begins brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and using spatula slide the frittata onto a plate.
- Now carefully invert frittata back into the pan and continue to cook for another 5-6 minutes or till cooked
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.