Cauliflower Rice is a delicious, tasty and nutrition’s one pot meal which has a rich flavor. This is a different kind of regular rice recipes. Cauliflower has lot of victims and good for health but I and my hubby neglect this veggie as we are not a big fan of cauliflower so to make it tasty I deep fried cauliflower pieces by mixing it with corn flour and rice flour.
This rice has a true flavor of cauliflower in each bite, little spicy due to pepper, masala and nice crunchiness with these cauliflower fritters. I added few drops of lemon juice which made this rice more delicious. I loved its taste and also the gorgeous texture of rice.
Rice - 1 cup
Cauliflower - 1 small
Chopped Onion - 1 small
Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
Chopped Green chillies - 2 no
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Corn flour powder - 3 tsp
Rice Flour powder - 3 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
Food Color (optional)- 1 pinch
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Chopped spring onions - for garnishing
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp - 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
- Cook Rice in 2 cups of water and keep aside.
- Take corn flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, food color, salt in a bowl add little water and mix well till it forms smooth batter.
- Heat oil to fry cauliflower
- Now take washed cauliflower florets dip them in above batter and drop one by one into hot oil.
- Fry them on medium flame for 3-4 minutes and keep aside.
- Take a vessel add 2 tsps of oil and after oil gets heated add chopped onions, green chillies and cook till onions turn soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt, garam masala powder , red chilli powder ( if required) and mix well.
- Now add deep fried cauliflower florets, cooked rice and mix well till all the spices come well with rice and florets.
- Add pepper powder, lemon juice and mix well and cook for 2mins
- Remove from heat, garnish with spring onions or coriander leaves.
- Serve with raita or any pulao curry.
Sending this to Healing Foods - cauliflower hosted by vardhini started by siri Let's Cook-Rice hosted by Radhika, Spotlight : Winter Vegetables hosted by Indrani