Bhogi Bhoga bhagyalato
Sankranti siri sampadalato
Kanumu kalasi melasi Kanuvinduga
Jarupu kovalani Korukontu
HAPPY SANKRATHI !!!!
Wishing All My friends,Readers,blogger friends and Dear Ones A Very Happy Pongal !!
For this Pongal I made this Payasam as naivedyam for god.
This is simple, wonderful sweet which can be prepared easily on special occasions and whenever you want to have some sweet.
My mom used to make this payasam quiet regularly for us. Channa & moong dal Payasam is prepared with channa and moong dal paste added to milk and jaggery syrup. Adding Coconut and milk gave a yummy flavor. It can be enjoyed either hot or cold.
Channa Dal - 1/2 cup
Moong Dal - 1/4 cup
Grated jaggery - 1 cup
Milk - 1 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Cashews - 8 no
Raisins - 8 no
Coconut pieces ( small) - 3 tsps
Ghee - 3 tsps
- Take Chana dal and moong dal with 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and fry till the raw smell of dal goes away.
- Pressure Cook the fried moong and channa dal with 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Allow the steam to escape, remove the lid and keep the cooked dal aside.
- Meanwhile fry cashews,raisins,coconut pieces with 1 tsp of ghee and keep aside.
- Boil milk in microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Now take a vessel add 1/4 cup of water with jaggery and boil till the jaggery melts.
- Filter the above jaggery water and again boil it for another 5 minutes.
- Add the above dal paste and mix well.
- Now add milk and boil the whole thing on low flame for another 5-8 minutes.
- At the end add the cardamom powder, fried cashews and raisins.
- Yummy Payasam is Ready !! Serve hot or chilled.
Sending this to Cooking Challenge - Flavors of TamilNadu hosted by Vidya, ABC Series - Desserts hosted by ramya , Kid's Delight - Something Sweet hosted by Moi originally started by Srivalli