We can use Sorakaya peel to make Pachadi which taste very delicious - Here is the Recipe
This Curry has great combination of flavours of sweet,spicy and tangy.Sorakaya Pulusu goes well with Mudda Pappu, Rice and papads.
Sorakaya chopped- 1 no
Onion chopped- 1 no small
Chillies Slit length wise- 2 no
Tamarind Juice - 1/4 cup
Red Chilli Powder As Required
Tumeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Jaggery grated - 1 tsp
Salt As Required
Red Chillies - 2 no
Curry leaves - 5-6 no
Jeera - 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal - 1/4 tsp
Garlic - 2 pods
Oil - 2 tsps
Hing - 2 pinch
- Peel the Bottle gourd and chop into small pieces.
- Chop Onions and green chillies.
- Boil Sorakaya pieces along with onions,chillies,water in a pressure cooker for about 2-3 whistles.
- Once the pressure cooker comes to off, cook on low flame and mash the pieces with a masher or with a round laddle.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder,chilli powder, tamarind juice , jaggery and cook uncovered till the mixture comes together.
- In another cooking vessel Heat oil add garlic.
- After the garlic turns little brown add jeera,mustard seeds,urad dal and cook for 2 seconds
- Add curry leaves,red chillies and hing and cook for another 2 seconds.
- Now add the above cooked Sorakaya mixture and mix well and cook for 2 mintues on medium flame.
- Serve with Rice
Toor Dal - 1 cup
Water - 1 1/2 cup
Salt As Required
- Pressure Cook Toor dal with water for 4 whistles
- After the pressure cooker comes to off cool
- Take cooked Toor dal in a vessel add salt.
Sending this to Veggie/fruit of the month - Bottle gourd hosted by Raji originally started by Priya, Walk through Memory lane hosted by Gayathri, Hot & Spicy Treats - Stew/Curries, Healthy & Hearthy hosted by Jyothi