Srav’s Culinary Concepts turns one today. Woohoo !!!!
It’s amazing it has been one year since I started my blog. 365 days of pleasant memories because of all of you, my dear readers, food blog friends and family.
Many things have been changed since my first post. I never expected I would gain so much from writing a blog. I learnt so many varieties, writing about 110 recipes, conducting events.
During this year, I went through a lot of ups and downs, frequently busy with my project works but I never stopped blogging. I am so happy with the success!!
I made so many new friends. I truly cherish all of your friendship, inspirational comments, supports, feedbacks and kindness. It’s overwhelming!!!
A Very Heartful and Grateful thank you to everyone!!! And Loves and Hugs to my sweet hubby from whom I learnt my cooking, and whose helps in all my cooking.
For this occasion made this Coconut Cake as part of New Year also. It came out so delicious that I, my husband and my brother enjoyed it a lot with rocking New Year celebrations. I love Coconut cakes.
This Coconut Cake has two layers of coconut flavored cake filled with coconut frosting and then I frosted entire cake with smooth and seven minute frosting.
All Purpose flour – 3 cups
(or) 2 ½ cups of APF + ½ cup of shredded coconut ( if you want more of coconut flavor)
Granulated Sugar – 2 cups
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Coconut Milk – 1 cup
Salt - ½ tsp
Vanilla Extract – 3 tsps
Eggs – 5 no
Unsalted butter – 1 ½ cups
Egg whites – 2 no
Confectioner sugar or powered sugar – 1 ½ cup
Corn Starch – 1 tsp
Water – 5 tsps
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Shredded or flaked sweetened coconut – 1 cup
- In a mixing bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to it and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour and mix well.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, coconut milk, vanilla extract, salt and mix well till fluffy
- Slowly fold the Coconut flakes to the batter.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two 9-inch round pans lightly grease with butter and line them with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter into the pans and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a long toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove Cake from the pans and let them cool
- Combine egg whites, sugar, corn starch, water.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minute using electric hand mixer.
- Cook the mixture by placing the pan over simmering water and beating constantly by mixer on high speed for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat Add Vanilla extract and beat the frosting until it becomes thick
- Spread the frosting by offset spatula between layers and over the top and sides of the cake
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with coconut and lightly press more coconut on to the sides.
Sending this to Yummy desserts 4 New Year hosted by Pranati, Bake Fest hosted by Pradyna originally started by Vardhini, ABC Desserts hosted by Ramya