Banana Bread is a type of bread that is full of mashed over-ripe bananas and nuts.
I saw this recipe on Food Network a couple of days back. Tried out this weekend and it came out so well.
This is a sweet, cake- like quick bread made with all purpose flour, sour cream, bananas and walnuts. This is high in protein and has true flavor of banana in each bite. The sour cream makes this one so moist and it melts in your mouth.
When we pull this banana bread from oven the golden brown crust is crisp and although the crust softens once the bread is stored, its wonderful moist texture and sweet flavor remains together.
Ripe Bananas Mashed – 1 cup
Melted Unsalted butter - ¼ cup
Sour Cream – ½ cup
Eggs – 2 no
Sugar – ¾ cup
All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
Salt a pinch
Vanilla extract – 1 ½ tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Walnuts chopped – 1 cup
- Mash the bananas with fork.
- In a small bowl add sugar, eggs, melted unsalted butter and beat for few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Now add vanilla extract, mashed bananas, baking soda, baking powder, sour cream and mix well.
- Add all purpose flour and mix very well until fluffy.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with 1 tsp of butter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan
- Bake for 1 hour or until bread turns light brown and bounces back to touch.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.