Brinjal Masala Curry is simple and delicious. I prepared this curry by using brinjals, dry coconut, tamarind paste, onions and garam masala.
For this tasty curry, brinjal’s need to very tender and fresh to get delicious taste. I learnt this recipe from my mom and this goes well with rotis, chapathis and rice.
Fresh Brinjal Round – 4 -5 no
Onions – 2 no
Green chillies – 2 no
Garam masala powder – 1tsp
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Salt As Required
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind juice – 4 -5 tsps
Dry Coconut – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Oil- 6-7 tsps
Curry leaves – 3 no
Coriander leaves chopped
- In a blender take onions, green chillies, Dry coconut, garam masala powder, red chillies powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and grind them to smooth paste.
- Wash brinjals and slit into 4 parts such that the brinjal is held together near the stem.
- Stuff each brinjal with the above grinded paste. Keep the remaining paste.
- In a vessel add oil and mustard seeds, curry leaves when they splutter add the remaining paste.
- Cook for 10 mins.
- Add stuffed brinjals carefully and cook for 10 mins by frying all the sides on medium flame.
- Add tamarind juice and cook for 15 mins till the curry becomes thick and oil floats.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with rice or rotis.