This is a traditional snack which is prepared in Andhra. This is all time favorite of mine and I frequently make it as evening tiffin or for breakfast during weekends.
This is prepared by using rice flour, jaggery, black chick peas, and fresh coconut and flavored by cardamom powder which is cooked on Steam. These Kudumulu are different to those that we prepare at the time of Vinayaka Chavati festival.
This recipe is simple, preparation takes time but these taste very delicious and yummy.
Rice flour – 2 cups
Jaggery grated – ½ cup
Black Chick Peas/ Kala Channa/ Senagalu – ½ cup
Fresh Coconut grated–1 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Water – 1 cup
Salt a pinch
- Soak Black Chick Peas overnight in water. Next day drain water and pressure cook it with salt for 4-5 whistles.
- Fry rice flour in a vessel on medium heat and keep aside
- Melt the jaggery in water on medium heat, filter impurities and keep aside
- In bowl take jaggery water, add rice flour, coconut, boiled chick peas, cardamom powder
- Mix well and make smooth dough
- Make small size balls or any shape and keep aside
- Steam the balls in Idly cooker or pressure cooker using idly plates for 30 mins
- Steam them on medium flame
- Cool and serve
Sending this to Celebrate Sweets - Sweets with Rice hosted by Priya originally started by Nivedita , CBB Evening Tiffin hosted by Radhika