Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bobbatlu / Puran Poli – My 50th post

I can’t believe this is my 50th post!  Half century Hurray!!!! I am amazed!! Thank you to all my fellow bloggers, friends, readers for your sweet comments and thanks for reading my blog, And to my lovable hubby who is my food taster, encourages with his comments and helps me out in my cooking. And also to my sweet mom who suggests and guides me in my cooking.

I prepared Bobbatlu for 50th post – Andhra Special sweet which is my and my hubby’s favorite (he has many LOL!!!!). 

Bobbatlu is one of the traditional and delicious sweet prepared for festivals and occasions. In Andhra they call Bobbatlu and in Maharasta as Puran Poli. This sweet is very time consuming but it’s worth.  I learnt this recipe from my mom.



Ingredients:

Maida – 1 cup
Channa Dal – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Oil/ghee

Preparation

  • In a bowl mix maida, salt , water and make smooth dough. Keep aside for 1 hour.
  • Wash channa dal and boil it in 3-4 cups of water until the dal becomes soft.
  • After it gets boiled, drain the water completely.
  • In the same vessel add jaggery and cardamom powder and mix well and make a smooth paste
  • Finally add ghee to it
  • Make this puran into round balls and keep aside
  • Grease your hands with oil and take a small portion of dough and spread it on a plastic cover and make a small round chapatti.

  • Place puran inside the little rounded chapatti and close it till the puram will not be visible
  • Using roll stick roll it like chapatti or we can use hand and spread it slowly by pressing it down until it forms a round like chapatti.
  • Now on pan put little ghee/oil and cook on low heat
  • Cook on both sides till it turns golden brown
  • Delicious Bobbatlu’s are ready. Serve these with ghee.
Sending this to Celebrate Sweets-Stuffed Sweets event hosted by Akila originally started by Nivedita and to MLA 35 started by Susan


46 comments:

  1. Congrats Sravani on ur 50th post ... Keep Rocking !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats dear for the 50th post. First timr here, you have a nice space here. Keep doing it. glad to follow you.
    Show and Tell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dish, Congrats on your 50th post and wishes for many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats dear ....way to go ...poli looks so yum ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poli looks delicious.Congrats on your 50th post

    South Indian Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them,but we make completely different version...if interested chk that when u hv time...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and wishing you many more such milestones.Poli looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Classic and delicious recipe.. looks so tempting and perfect dear.. lovely clicks too :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh !! this is how this puran poli look like. i heard of this in one of the daily soaps:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 50th post...lovely puran poli..yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on 50th post... Keep rocking>
    Puran poli looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your 50th post..nice puran poli to celebrate the event.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cograts Sravani. Neat job. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on ur 50th post...MY hubby's fav ...looks so delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your 50th Post...Bobatalu look too tempting...Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats sravs! Fantastic polis to mark the occasion! Many more milestones to you dear - hugs, priya

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations dear on your 50th post! Your Puran Poli looks so good ... really irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats dear..keep rocking!
    Poli is my favorite..this looks so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on ur 50th post dear, keep rocking..boli makes me hungry,my fav..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats dear...miles to go..Keep rocking :)..Recipe is very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  21. congrats on ur 50th post and the sweet came out so nice and perfect

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow tempting and delicious,looks so inviting,congrats..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your 50th post, boli looks awesome perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your 50th post! Traditional and Yummy sweet! :P

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats Sravs, This is one of my favvv..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the 50th post. Poli is my hubby's fav .. looks so yum.

    First time here and I following you to keep in touch :)

    Vardhini
    VardhinisKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this snack.. my next target was to make these :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the half ton!!! Puran Poli looks very inviting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats dear on your 50th post. Mouthwatering Puran poli :) My favorite one...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks girls for all ur sweet comments !!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on the milestone. Wish you many more to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Sravani,

    Thanks for the wonderful entry. We Kannadigas call it Obbattu...

    Smitha @ Kanndacuisine

    ReplyDelete
  33. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here!
    It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained!대구오피

    ReplyDelete
  34. insan
    çocuk
    araba
    bilgisayar
    sürüş

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog and for wonderful comments !!!