Pizzas are one of my husband’s favorites. Instead of ordering pizza in, I decided why not try my own healthy version pizza with my husband by substituting low fat cheese and a few vegetables cut down on the calories, fat but not the taste.
This homemade vegetarian pizza is so quick and easy to make and it is great for any parties or get together. We can use any combination of chopped veggies and cheeses whatever your family likes. If your family has different tastes, simple divide the pizza dough into half’s and then place the toppings accordingly.
I used three color peppers, onion and mushrooms for topping. Also prepared pizza sauce using fresh tomatoes and fresh herbs which was excellent and absolutely delicious.
Here is the delicious, nutritious and colorful homemade pizza with tomato sauce.
Recipe Source: Savitha Kitchen
For Pizza dough
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Yeast –1 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Luke warm water – ½ cup
For Pizza sauce
Ripe Tomatoes – 2 no
Tomato paste – ½ cup
Onion chopped – 1 small
Garlic – 1 pod
Green chillies – 3 no
Fresh Oregano leaves – 2 tsps
Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
Red pepper chopped– ¼ cup
Capsicum (Green, Red, yellow) Cut lengthwise– ½ each
Mushroom – ½ cup
Onion Cut lengthwise – 1 no small
Mozzarella Cheese – ½ cup
- Dissolve the yeast in a small bowl of lukewarm water.
- Allow the yeast to rest for about 15minutes until it becomes foamy.
- Mix it well with flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add oil to the flour and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place this dough into a bowl and cover with a clean wet towel.
- Allow the dough to rest for 2 hrs or until it doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough and place on a floured surface.
- Use a rolling stick to roll dough into either one larger circle or rectangle.
Pizza Sauce and Topping
- Microwave tomatoes for 3 mins in water and peel off the skin
- Take chopped onion, boiled tomatoes, green chillies ,garlic and fresh oregano leaves and grind them in a blender.
- In a pan add oil and cook the above grinded paste.
- Add tomato paste and mix well and cook for 5 mins.
- Mean while preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and after it is preheated put the pizza pan/stone in oven and bake for 3 mins and take out.
- After the pizza sauce gets cooled apply the sauce all over the base
- Distribute toppings evenly all over the base.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over the base.
- Keep it in oven for 20 mins or till the cheese melts and turns light golden color.
- Transfer the pizza on to a board and cut with a pizza cutter.
- Delicious yummy pizza is ready to be served.
Sending this to Bookmarked recipes hosted by aipi, Fast Food not Fat Food hosted by priya and Kid's Delight hosted by priya originally started by srivalli