Panasa Thonalu is a famous and traditional sweet of Andhra. These are deep fried and dipped into sugar syrup.
Panasa Thonalu is a simple dish usually prepared at the time of festivals or as an evening snack.
Maida – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Ghee – 2 tsps
Salt a pinch
Cardamom powder a pinch
Water as required for dough
Water – ½ cup for sugar syrup
Oil for frying
- Take maida, salt and ghee in a bowl and mix well
- Add enough water and make it as soft dough
- Meanwhile In a vessel prepare sugar syrup by boiling ½ cup of water with ½ cup sugar.
- Boil on medium flame until sugar dissolves and it turns thick sticky syrup.
- Add cardamom powder to the syrup for flavor
- Make small balls of this dough and roll them as flat (as puri)
- Now make slits vertically leaving the edges untouched
- Now twist the ends to make it as flower
- Heat the oil and deep fry them until golden brown
- And transfer them into sugar syrup.
- Keep them for 2-3 mins in syrup.
- After they cooled serve or transfer them to a closed air-tight container.