Chickpeas Pulao is the quickest and yet tasty. This is one of my favorite meal.
This Pulao has a true flavour of Chickpeas in each bite, mild spicy due to green chillies, masala and nice crunchy with coconut.
Chickpeas Pulao is prepared by using soaked chickpeas, basmati rice, fresh grated coconut and spices. Here is the recipe that is easy to make and tastes very delicious!!
Basmati rice – 2 cups
Chickpeas/Channa – 2 cups
Onion – 1 no small
Bay leaf – 2 leaves
Lemon juice – 3 tsps
Fresh Coconut grated – 1 cup
Coconut milk – ½ cup
Cloves – 4 no
Green chillies – 3 no
Cinnamon sticks – 2 small
Jeera – 2 tsps
Salt As Required
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Ghee or Oil – 2 tsp
Water – 2 ½ cups
- Soak chickpeas overnight.
- Wash basmati rice and soak in water for 30mins
- Heat ghee in a pan, add ginger garlic paste
- Now add bay leaves, cloves, jeera, Cinnamon sticks and sauté for few minutes.
- Add onions and green chillies and mix well.
- Add basmati rice by draining water and mix well.
- Add soaked and cleaned chick peas and mix well.
- Add granted coconut and mix well
- Now take the above mixed spices, rice in rice cooker add water, coconut milk, lemon juice and salt and cook well.
- Serve with raita or curry.