Hope You All Having a Wonderful Pongal !!
Festive's are without sweets and savories. So for this bhogi I prepared these Moong Dal Murukku. Murukku is a crispy munchy and pretty famous snack of South Indian during festivals.
I used Moong Dal and Rice Flour to make these awesome Murukku.
Rice Flour - 3 cups
Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp or As Required
Vamu - 1 tsp
Salt As Required
Oil - 2 tsps
Oil for deep frying
- Boil moong dal with water in a pressure cooker until it is cooked.
- Take this boiled dal along with water into a grinder and grind till smooth.
- In a bowl take rice powder, chilli powder, salt,vamu, 2 tsps of oil and above grinded paste and mix well till it forms a smooth dough.
- Add little warm water if it gets too hard.
- Fill the dough in a murukku press and press into murukku shape on a flat board.
- Heat oil in a vessel and fry the murukku on a medium flame till they turn golden color.
- Store them in air tight container upon cooling.
Sending this to Cooking Challenge - Flavours of TamilNadu hosted by Vidhya & Let's Cook - Rice hosted by Radhika.