This is a simple curry prepared using Cassava ( Kara Pendalam in telugu). It is root vegetable rich in carbohydrates.
I learnt this recipe from my mom. This goes well with rotis and also can have alone with sambar rice.
Cassava – 1 no
Green chillies – 4 no
Onion chopped – 1 no
Ginger – 1’’ inch
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Jeera – ¼ tsp
Channa dal – ¼ tsp
Curry leaves – 3 to5 leaves
Tumeric powder – ¼ tsp
Salt As Required
Red chilli powder As Required
Oil – 2 tsps
- Boil Cassava Root in a pressure cooker for about 1-2 whistles with 1 tsp of salt, peel and make small pieces and keep aside.
- Take green chillies, ginger into a blender and make a coarse paste and keep aside.
- In a cooking vessel, add oil, channa dal, mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves.
- When mustard seeds splutter add green chillies, ginger paste.
- Add chopped onions and cook till onions become soft.
- Add boiled cassava pieces
- Add salt, turmeric powder, mix well
- Place a lid and cook for 10 mins.
- Add red chilli powder and cook for another 5 mins.
- Serve with Roti’s or Rice.