Yesterday was Varalakshmi Vratham , I performed pooja and for offering I prepared these vadas.
Basil Vada is an easy crunchy Appetizer/Snack which can be prepared in no time using Basil, Rice flour, jeera, onions.
Happy Varalakshmi Vratham
I love to make Vadas using different veggies, so this time tried using basil. Basil is a culinary herb commonly used fresh in cooking recipes. This plant gives a spicy scent when and It has warm, clove-like flavor . These leaves are very good for health. In telugu these are called as Rudrajada or Tulsi chettu.
Basil Chopped – 1 cup
Onions chopped - 1 no
Rice powder – 1 cup
Green chillies chopped– 4-5 no
Corn flour powder – 1 tsp
Jeera powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves chopped – ¼ cup
Curry leaves – 5 no
Baking powder – a pinch
Salt as Required
Oil/ Ghee – 2 tsps
Oil for deep frying
- Mix chopped Basil leaves, onions, coriander leaves, curry leaves, jeera powder, rice powder, corn flour powder, baking soda, chopped green chillies, and salt in a vessel
- Heat oil or ghee of 2 tsps
- Add heated oil to above mixture and mix well
- Make soft dough by adding little water to it.
- Divide the dough into portions.
- Make small balls and flatten into small round vadas
- Heat oil in pan and deep fry vada on medium flame till little golden brown and remove them on paper towel
- Serve with chutney or tomato ketchup.
Sending this to Kid's Delight - Crunchy Snacks hosted by gayathri originally started by srivalli , Cooking with herbs and flowers - Basil hosted by Reva orginally started by PJ, Serve - It - Fried hosted by Krithi & Denny and to my event CC-Appetizers.