Carrot Kheer is milk based dessert which is very easy to make and full of nutrition. Although it is a kheer it does not need any ghee, it is just prepared by using carrots, milk. The main ingredient of this dish is carrot which is rich in vitamin A. This kheer reminds me of badam milk that I used to have at my grandmom’s place when we were kids. I miss those days :(
I learnt this recipe from my husband’s friend Tulasi he is really a good cook and he prepares a lot of varieties. I learn many recipes from him. My husband made that floating cute smiley.
Carrot kheer serves best any time of the day, and is a perfect nourishing summer drink which can be prepared in less time. If you want to have a healthy dessert this is a great option.
We can also add nuts like almonds, cashews (raw ones) to get a nutty flavor. But in my preparation I used just carrots, milk, sugar and flavored with cardamom.
Carrot – 4 no Big ones
Milk – 1 liter
Cardamom – 3 pods
- Peel the skin of carrot, cut into chunks and boil for 15-20mins
- Cool and grind to a smooth paste. While blending we can use the boiled water until the paste gets blended well or if boiled water is not sufficient we can use little part of milk to blend them if required.
- Bring milk to boil and add sugar.
- Reduce the flame and add carrot paste to it and stir continuously.
- Cook on low flame for 10-15 mins or till the raw smell of carrot goes away.
- Lastly add cardamom and serve.
Sending this to Bookmarked Recipes hosted by Priya, Veggie/Fruit of the Month - Carrot hosted by Reva originally started by Priya , HCC - Healthy desserts hosted by Jolly Vindaloo originally started by Smita, MMK- Indian Mithai Mela hosted by Kalyani.