Boondi is a fried Rajasthani snack which is prepared from Besan or chickpea flour. Kara Boondi is a savory version of Boondi. This weekend I prepared boondi with a twist used corn and this does not need a special boondi ladle.
This snack is an easy and simple where corn is binded with besan and riceflour. I love corn and this snack is perfect to me!! I enjoy a lot. I used frozen corn so I didn't add any water when mixing. I learnt this recipe from my mom.
Corn -1 cup
Besan – ½ cup
Rice flour – ¼ cup
Corn flour – ¼ cup
Baking Soda a pinch
Salt As Required
Jeera – ½ tsp
Red Chilli Powder As Required
Curry leaves – 10 leaves
- In a pan add oil and fry curry leaves and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl take besan flour, rice flour, corn flour, baking soda, salt, jeera powder and red chilli powder.
- Mix well without any lumps
- Add corn to it and mix well till the flour’s bind properly to corn.
- Make sure that corn is well covered with flour’s.
- Now drop corn into oil and deep fry.
- Remove and drain
- Mix with salt, red chilli powder, fried curry leaves.
- Corn Kara Boondi is Ready!!