One pot meals are my fast and quick meals on busy days. Tomato and Coconut is a very unique and delicious combination which makes them a perfect pair. I usually make this rice on weekdays as it is very simple meal and takes very very less time.
The flavor combination of coconut and the tangy taste of tomatoes make this dish absolutely yummy. It can be prepared in a rush and it is a great option for lunch box.
First time I made this tomato carving and it came out so pretty.
Tomato – 2 no
Coconut grated fresh or dry– 1 cup
Basmati Rice cooked – 1 cup
Garlic – 3 pods
Curry leaves – 5 -6 no
Red chillies – 4-5 no
Green chillies – 2 no
Jeera – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder– a pinch
Cashews (optional) – 5-6 no
Salt As Required
- Take tomatoes, coconut, green chillies, jeera, salt in a blender and make a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Meanwhile in a small cooking pan fry cashews in very little amount of oil and keep aside.
- In another cooking pan add oil and when oil gets heated add mashed garlic; curry leaves, red chillies and fry for 1-2 min
- Now add above grinded paste, turmeric and mix well.
- Now close this with a lid and cook for 10-15 by stirring in between.
- After 15 mins or when the tomato paste is cooked add the cooked basmati rice, fried cashews and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with raita or plain yogurt.