Paneer pulao is very easy to make and it is quick too. We can prepare this rice in no time. Nice for lazy weekends when you feel like puttering in the kitchen.
To prepare this, lightly shallow fry paneer first since it helps to add color to pulao and a few roasted cashews make this special. I added few mint leaves for fresh aroma.
Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Paneer – 16-20 small cubes
Onion – 1 small
Bay leaf – 2 leaves
Lemon juice – 3 tsps
Coconut milk – ½ cup
Mint leaves – ¼ cup chopped
Cloves - 4 no
Green chillies – 3 no
Cinnamon sticks – 2 small
Jeera – 1 tsp
Salt As Required
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Ghee or Oil – 2 tsp
Water – 2 ½ cups
Cashews – 6-10 no
- Shallow fry paneer cubes in 1 tsp of oil for 4 -5 minutes, until they gently turn to golden brown on both the sides.
- Remove the paneer and keep in cold water with salt for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes remove from water and keep them aside.
- Wash basmati rice and soak in water for 30mins
- Now in a cooking pan heat ghee in a pan,add ginger garlic paste.
- Now add bay leaves, cloves, jeera, cinnamon sticks, cashews and sauté for few minutes.
- Add onions and green chillies, mint leaves and mix well.
- Add basmati rice by draining water and mix well
- Now take the above mixed spices, rice in rice cooker add water, coconut milk, lemon juice and salt.
- Lastly place paneer cubes on top of rice and cook well.
- Serve with raita.