I made Tomato Sesame chutney this weekend to go with dosas for breakfast. This is simple and tasty chutney which goes well with idlis, dosas, vadas and so on.
Adding sesame seeds to it added very unique flavor to the basic tomato chutney and also they are rich in calcium.
For this sesame seeds and tomato are lightly roasted and grounded into smooth paste.
Tomato – 3-4 no
Sesame Seeds-1/2 cup
Jeera – 1 tsp
Coriander seeds- ¼ cup
Green chillies – 5 no
Turmeric powder a pinch
Salt as Required
Urad Dal – ¼ tsp
Jeera – ¼ tsp
Mustard Seeds – ¼ tsp
Hing a pinch
Red chillies broken – 3 no
Curry leaves – 3 -4 no
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add very little oil and roast sesame seeds, coriander seeds for 1 minute until they change to light golden color and keep them aside.
- In the same pan add tomato pieces, green chillies, jeera and fry them for 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Take above roasted sesame seeds, tomato pieces, green chillies, jeera, coriander seeds turmeric powder, salt into a blender and make a smooth paste by adding very little water.
- Meanwhile in a pan for tampering add oil, add mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal, red chilies, hing, curry leaves and fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove the above grounded paste into a bowl and the tampering to it and mix well.
- Serve with dosas, idlis, vadas, or rice.