Indian Style Potato & Corn Salad is a wonderful alternative to regular potato salad. Used chaat masala and garam masala instead of mayonnaise/salad dressing.
This salad relies on the masala coating to pair with boiled potatoes, sweet corn, veggies and peanuts which provide a unique taste. Rich Healthy Salad!!!!
Potatoes – 3 no
Corn -1 cup
Olive Oil – 1 tsp
Onion chopped – ¼ cup
Tomato chopped – ¼ cup
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Chaat masala – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 2tsps
Roasted peanuts – ¼ cup
Salt to taste
Lettuce – 2 leaves chopped
Pepper or red chilli powder– ½ tsp
- Cook Potatoes in microwave in water for 10-15mins or till cooked.
- Remove them and cool them and cut into bite sized cubes.
- In a microwave safe take these cooked potatoes, corn, olive oil and chat masala and cook for 2 minutes by stirring in between.
- After above mixture gets cooled.
- In a salad bowl combine above mixture (cooked potatoes, corn,chat masala),chopped onions, tomato, lattice.
- Mix lemon juice, garam masala, red chilli powder to form a dressing
- Add salt to taste, mix well, tossing gently to combine.
- Scatter roasted peanuts over it before serving.
Sending this to Fast Food not Fat Food hosted by vardhini originally started by priya, Dish Name starts with I hosted by Akila, Salad Spread hosted by Anamika, MEC-Potato Feast hosted by Mons Originally started by srivalli , Any One Can Cook hosted by Umm Mymoonah