This is a nice basic pound cake which I prepared last weekend came out so well. It was soft and light cake with perfect texture and beautiful color.
Used all natural orange flavor to make this pound cake which was rich in citrus flavor. I used orange icing to decorate. Easy to make and it is perfect for summer picnics.
All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Sugar - ½ cup
Orange juice – ¼ cup
Orange Zest – 1 tsp
Melted Unsalted butter – ¼ cup
Milk – ¼ cup
- In a mixing bowl take sugar, eggs, melted butter and mix well till it forms smooth mixture.
- To this add vanilla extract, baking powder, orange juice, orange zest and mix well.
- Now add all purpose flour and mix well till the mixture turns smooth.
- Add milk to it and combine well.
- Preheat the oven for 350 F
- Meanwhile grease the round baking pan with butter.
- Pour batter into the greased pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Place on a rack to cool, slice and serve at room temperature.
- Can use chocolate sauce or powdered sugar or any fruit icing to decorate it.