I love to have homemade baked breads made with fruits as a morning breakfast. So this weekend I baked Bread with Blueberries.
Blueberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C and this healthy blueberry bread is prepared with blueberries which makes a better breakfast that tastes delicious too. A bit of lemon zest and juice also enhance the flavors.
Blueberries – 1 cup
Melted Unsalted butter – 5 tsps
Eggs – 2 no
Sugar – ¾ cup to 1 cup
All purpose flour – 2 cups
Salt a pinch
Vanilla extract – 1 ½ tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Lemon Zest – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1tsp
- In a bowl add sugar, eggs, melted unsalted butter and beat for few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Now add vanilla extract, baking powder, lemon juice and mix well.
- Add all purpose flour and mix well until fluffy.
- Fold in the washed blueberries and lemon zest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with 1 tsp of butter
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan
- Bake for 55minutes-1 hour or until bread turn light brown and bounces back to touch.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Server warm or at room temperature.
Sending this to Breakfast Club - Berries hosted by Nayan originally started by Helen and Food palette series purple hosted by Akheela.