As summer is around, this means that it’s time for berry’s. I have made a variety of icecream flavors but this weekend, decided to try with blue berries. It came out nice and creamy with a perfect blueberry flavor.
Blueberries are healthy fruits and this simple icecream preparation is a perfect summer treat which is creamy, rich, silky and full of fresh blueberry flavor.
Blue berries – 1 cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
Heavy cream – 2 cups
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
- In a medium sauce pan dissolve sugar in ¼ cup water on low flame.
- When sugar is dissolved add berries, lemon juice, vanilla extract, salt.
- Cook on low flame till the berries burst by stirring them occasionally.
- Remove from heat and mash berries and let it cool.
- After berry mixture is cooled.
- Combine berries mixture and cream thoroughly till it mixes well.
- Take the above cream and berry mixture in a air tight container and refrigerate for 6 hrs.
- Serve chilli.
Sending this to Food palette series - purple hosted by Akheela , Serve It Chilled hosted by Denny & Krithika , Only Icecreams hosted by Reva and originally started by Pari