I and my husband always enjoy the healthy food. So I usally prepare our’s lunch box at night and just take them to work the next day!! They are two reasons for it, I am not much comfortable with outside food and also not many food places around my office.
I plan ahead what to cook some simple food which can be done quickly and easily. And also my husband helps in chopping vegetables, I really need to appreciate him for this, which makes my cooking much easy and can be done in no time. For lunchboxes I usally carry chapati’s with simple curry or some rice items.
Carrot Rice is one of the simple dish which can be prepared in very less time and it tastes awesome !! Love it !! Carrots are highly nutritive, rich in protein, minerals and vitamins. I learnt this recipe from my mom !!
Carrot – 4 no large
Rice – 2 glasses
Jeera – 1 tsp
Onion small chopped – 1 no
Green chillies chopped – 4 no
Red chillies – 2 -3 no
Tuurmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Chole/ Chickpeas – ½ cup (optional)
Curry leaves – 4-5 no
Ginger garlic paste – 1 ½ tsp
Salt As Required
Oil – 5 tsp
- Wash and cook rice with 4 cups of water and keep it aside.
- Wash and Grate carrots and keep aside.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe bowl take this grated carrot mixture, put little water in it and microwave it for 12-15 mins and keep it aside.
- In a cooking pan heat oil and add jeera, red chillies and curry leaves.
- After jeera gets splutter add chopped onions and green chillies
- Cook till onions get soft.
- And ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Now add microwaved grated carrot and little water mix well
- Add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Cook for 10 mins and add garam masala powder and mix well.
- Cook for another 5-8 mins
- Add cooked rice and mix well till the carrot mixture mixes well with rice.
- Serve with raita.
Sending this to Light Lunches hosted by Redchillies, Quick and Easy Recipe Mela hosted by Nithu and Cook it healthy hosted by Sobha and MMK - One Pot meal hosted by kalyani