Bread Upma is a simple breakfast or snack recipe which can be prepared very easily and made in minutes.
This version is lot healthier as I used wheat bread to make this. If you/your kids don’t like wheat bread we can just use white bread.This upma is a simple snack or breakfast with South Indian touch.
Healthy Breakfast for a Healthy Morning!!
Bread – 6 slices
Onion – 1 no
Ginger – 1 ‘’ inch chopped into small pieces
Green chillies – 1 no
Jeera – ¼ tsp
Curry leaves – 5 no
Tomato sauce – 2 tsp
Vegetables (carrots, peas, corn) – ½ cup
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Coriander leaves chopped – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – ½ tsp
Cashew Nuts – 8-10 no
Salt As Required
Oil – 2 tsp
- Cut Bread into small pieces/cubes and fry in 1 tsp of oil till golden color and keep aside.
- Now add oil in a pan and once heated fry cashew nuts.
- Add chopped onions, chopped green chillies, chopped ginger and fry till golden brown.
- Now add cooked veggies, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and tomato sauce and garam masala and mix well.
- Add fried bread pieces and sauté well.
- Sprinkle salt, coriander leaves and lemon juice and serve.