For this Shivaratri I made this Rava Ladoo which is simple and wonderful sweet and can be prepared easily on special occasions and whenever you want to have some sweet.My mom used to make them very frequently when we were kids.
Love them !!
I make these very regularly when ever my husband desire to have sweets as he is a big fan of Rava ladoo.
These are prepared by simple ingredients like Sooji Rava, Sugar. Adding Coconut and milk gave a yummy flavor.If we want to omit milk we can use water.
Sooji Rava - 1 cup
Dry coconut - 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1 1/4 cup
Warm milk - 1/4 -1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts, Raisins - 10 no
Ghee as required
- Dry roast the sooji rava in low-flame without burning till a nice aroma comes.
- Now cool it.
- Fry the cashews and raisins in a tsp of ghee till change to golden colour.
- With 1/4 tsp fry dry coconut till it turns to light brown color.
- In a hollow vessel, add the fried rava,dry coconut, sugar, cashews, raisins and cardamon powder and mix well.
- Now add milk little by little and continue mixing.
- Make balls of equal size out of this mixture.
- Enjoy or store them in airtight container.
Sending this to Sweet Luv hosted by Vardhini, Let's Cook - Sweet Somethings hosted by Radhika, Valentine fest - Served with love by Kalyani, Walk through Memory lane hosted by Gayathri, Cakes , Cookies & desserts hosted by Anjali