Monday, February 20, 2012

Rava Ladoo - Shivaratri Special

Wishing All My friends,Readers,blogger friends and Dear Ones A Very Happy Shivaratri !!






For this  Shivaratri I made this Rava Ladoo which is simple and wonderful sweet and can be prepared easily on special occasions and whenever you want to have some sweet.My mom used to make them very frequently when we were kids.
Love them !!



I make these very regularly when ever my husband desire to have sweets as he is a big fan of Rava ladoo. 


These are prepared by simple ingredients like Sooji Rava, Sugar. Adding Coconut and milk gave a yummy flavor.If we want to omit milk we can use water.






Ingredients:


Sooji Rava - 1 cup
Dry coconut - 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar - 1 1/4 cup
Warm milk - 1/4 -1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts, Raisins - 10 no
Ghee as required


Preparation


  • Dry roast the sooji rava in low-flame without burning till a nice aroma comes. 
  • Now cool it.
  • Fry the cashews and raisins in a tsp of ghee till change to golden colour.
  • With 1/4 tsp fry dry coconut till it turns to light brown color.
  • In a hollow vessel, add the fried rava,dry coconut, sugar, cashews, raisins and cardamon powder and mix well.

  • Now add milk little by little and continue mixing. 
  • Make balls of equal size out of this mixture.
  • Enjoy or store them in airtight container.
Sending this to Sweet Luv hosted by Vardhini, Let's Cook - Sweet Somethings hosted by Radhika, Valentine fest - Served with love by Kalyani, Walk through Memory lane hosted by Gayathri, Cakes , Cookies & desserts hosted by Anjali 
  
  

50 comments:

  1. my fav. sweet ... wonderful looking ravva laddos .......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rava laddoo with milk sounds more delicious...it's been long time I made this n now u tempted me a lot :) perfectly shaped n yummy laddoos...
    Inviting clicks! Happy Shivarathiri to U n Ur Family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love these and your clicks are amazing.. i just wish i could grab one from the pic right away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... laddoos look fabulous.... mouth watering..

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy rava laddus, lovely presentation, Happy Shivarathri :)

    Join the Just "4" Fun event :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully prepared rava ladoos. Awesome preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute n perfect ladoo!!!nice presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rava ladoo looks cute and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, awesome laddoos, perfectly done, nice clicks, too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, they look so pure and yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome preparation....nice clicks....good presentation

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful clicks Sravs. Thanks for linking it to the event dear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb recipe for the occasion Sravs..Hope you had a great Shivrathri..

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow d laddus luk great...beautiful clicks...first time here...i m ur happy follower now...do visit my space when free
    http://srivastavacharu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice laddoos!..........good recipe.perfect for the auspicious occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yummy laddoos with perfect texture....

    ReplyDelete
  17. very delicious laddus..looks yummy..you made them perfect

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mouthwatering laddoos. All time favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laddoos have always been my family favorites and this one too can't escape from the list. I'm delighted to see those angelic clicks...just wow!

    I'll be glad if you could link these laddoos to my ongoing event: Cakes, Cookies and Desserts
    http://anjali-cooklog.blogspot.com/2012/02/announcing-my-first-event-cakes-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Feel like grabbing one,looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. loved the idea of adding coconut to these,yummy yum ladoos!!

    Erivum Puliyum

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yummy rava lado, adding milk surely add more taste n softness. Lovely n perfect shaped laddoos. itz been a while I made it, now your wonderful clicks tempt to make it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love them but don't make them very often...but now looks like will be making them soon...Mouthwatering !

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think i am very lucky (Yahooooooooooo) for getting a chance to eat this YUMMY LADDU....I love these....Thanks Sravani

    ReplyDelete
  25. Recently i went to visit a friend and the friend's mother had made these. She packed some for me, so i have them at home without having to make them. They are really yummy. I hadn't eaten these laddoos for so long until last week.
    Love your pics, the overflowing effect to show the abundance. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Inviting ladoos. Happy Shivaratri. Nice clicks and thx for linking to the event.

    Vardhini
    Event: Sweet Luv
    Event: Strawberries

    ReplyDelete
  27. Simple and lovely! Happy Sivaratri!

    ReplyDelete
  28. yummy. i 2 have plan to post this.....an award is waiting 4 in my space..plz collect it my dear...........

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi!do drop into my space and collect your award!:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely ladoos,so perfect and tempting !

    ReplyDelete
  31. Laddus look awesome. Thanks for linking...

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've never heard of Rava laddu and yours aren't orange like the ones in shops! I'm curious, I'm going to try these and surprise my Indian friends! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. these look so cute , perfect finger food !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting my blog and for wonderful comments !!!