Today for lunch I made this fry along with sambar. Raw Plantain is called Aratikaya in Telugu and is very popular vegetable in Southern part of India.
I prepared this Pidupu/ Fry using boiled Raw Plantains, onions, curry leaves, green chilies and can be done in very very less time. This simple curry goes well with rice, sambar, roti or rasam.
Raw Plantain – 1 large
Onion – 1 small
Green chillies – 4 no
Curry leaves – 8-10 no
Ginger – 1’’ inch
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Jeera – ¼ tsp
Channa Dal – ½ tsp
Turmeric leaves – ¼ tsp
Salt As Required
Oil – 2 tsps
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Boil Raw Plaintain in microwave for about 4-5 mins with 1 tsp of salt.
- Peel and make small pieces and keep aside
- Take green chillies and ginger and chop them into very small pieces.
- In a cooking vessel, add oil, chana dal, mustard seeds, jeera and curry leaves.
- When mustard seeds splutter add green chillies, ginger pieces.
- Add chopped onions and cook till onions become soft.
- Add boiled Raw Plaintain pieces.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Sprinkle little water and place a lid and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 10 mins. Lastly garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with Roti’s or Rice.
Sending this to F for Fresh Fruit Curries hosted by Richa orginally started by Charitha, ABC Series, B for Banana hosted by Ramya