Yesterday was Friday evening and after a hectic week with work, I wanted to prepare something special for dinner, so taught of preparing Green Vegetable Biryani that I learnt from my friend Tulasi!!
Green Vegetable Biryani is a great variation to regular veggi biryani and is prepared with full of green veggies, this is Very tasty and looks very appetizing, and can be served with raita or curry.
Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Coriander leaves – 2 medium bunches
Red chillies – 3 no
Green chillies – 4 no
Mint leaves – ½ cup
Onions – 1 no finely sliced
Ginger Garlic paste –1 tsp
Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Mixed Veggies (Chopped carrot, grean peas,potato) – ½ cup
Lemon juice – 3 tsp
Water – 2 1/2 cups
Salt As Required
Bayleaves – 4-5 no
Cloves – 3 no
Cardamom – 1no
Black cardamom – 2 no
Star Anise – 2 no
Mace/jathipoo – 1 no
Black Stone flower/kalpasi – 2 no
Cinnamon –2 no 1’’ sticks
Black Pepper Corns – 2-3 no
- Wash basmati rice and soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make a smooth green paste by grinding coriander leaves, red chillies, green chillies(2 no) and Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and when oil gets heated add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Later add all the biryani masala items and stir well.
- Now add onions, green chillies (2 no slit) and sauté for few minutes.
- Add chilli powder, garam masala, and grinded green paste and sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mixed veggies, mint leaves and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add basmati rice by draining water and mix well till the biryani masala goes well with rice.
- Now take the above mixed spices rice in rice cooker add water,lemon juice and salt and cook well.
- Serve with raita or curry.
Sending this to CWS-Rice hosted by Reva originally started by Priya and to my event CC-What's For Friday Dinner