This is a very popular sweet of India made during festivals and feasts. Coconut Jaggery ladoo is one of the true delight for all the coconut lovers and for the people with sweet tooth.
I love and enjoy this sweet a lot. In my childhood my mom used to make them regularly as we used to have lots of coconut in our home.
This sweet can be prepared with very less ingredients --- Fresh Coconut, Jaggery.
Fresh grated Coconut – 1 cup
Jaggery grate or cut into small pieces – 1 cup
Elachi powder – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
- In a heavy bottom vessel take grated jaggery in very little water and cook on medium heat till the jaggery melts.
- After cooled filter the jaggery water and keep aside.
- In the same vessel add fresh grated coconut, jaggery water.
- Let coconut cook well in the jaggery syrup.
- Stir continuously and Cook until the mixture close to thick.
- Add Sugar and cook well.
- Add Elachi Powder and ghee.
- Turn off the heat and keep it aside for few minutes.
- When the mixture is warm grease your palm with ghee and start making small balls of the mixture.
- Yummy Kobbari Ladoos are Ready !!!!