To all my readers and friends, Wish u a Happy and Blessed Shivaratri!!!!
Pala talikalu, is one of the dishes my mom used to prepare for Vinayaka Chavithi as naivedyam (prasadam). Today as a shivarathi special I prepared this delicious dish.
Pala talikalu is prepared with rice dough strings ,these are slowly simmered in milk, coconut, jaggery, flavored with cardamom and garnished with cashews and raisins.
Milk – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 1 cup
Jaggery – ½ cup
Grated Coconut – 2 tsps
Cardamom powder a pinch
Ghee – 2 tsps
Water 1 cup
- Roast rice flour powder in a vessel for 2-3 mins and keep aside.
- In a bowl take 2-3tsp of rice flour powder and mix with water like a thick paste and keep aside.
- In another separate bowl mix the rest rice flour with water and make dough(like chapathi)
- Take the dough in janthikalu maker with medium size hole plate and press the flour in a vessel.
- Pressure cook these rice strings without whistle for 10 mins.
- Boil milk in microwave for 2mins.
- Boil ½ cup water, add the above boiled milk, once it comes to full boil add the prepared cooked rice strings and let it boil for another 10mins.
- In the meantime, take ½ cup of water and mix jaggery and boil till it dissolves in water.
- Add this jaggery water to the boiling milk.
- Add granted coconut and cardamom powder and let it cook for 2 -3 mins
- Fry cashew nuts and raisins in one tsp of ghee and add it palathalikalu.
- Remove from Stove and garnish with nuts.