After today’s superb match against
my husband wanted kangaroo fry biryani lol !!! Instead I made Shrimp Egg Fried Rice. Australia
Fried Rice with Shrimp and Egg is very simple and quick dish made with shrimp, eggs, and chopped vegetables.
Rice – 2 cups
Onion – 1 no chopped fine
Eggs – 5 no
Mixed Veggies ( Peas, Carrot, Beans, Corn ) – ½ cup
Shrimp peeled and devined– 1 cup
Chilli sauce – 6 tsp
Ginger and garlic paste – 2 tsp
Oil – 4 tsps
Salt As Required
Spring Onions chopped – 2 tsp
Corinder leaves – 2 tsps
Green chillies chopped – 1 tsp
- Wash and cook rice (sona masoori or long grains) with 4 cups of water and cool.
- In a cooking pan heal oil and add onions and sauté till soft
- Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste
- Mix well till raw smell goes away for 1 minute.
- Add washed shrimp and add salt and cook shrimp for 10-15 mins with a closed lid until shrimp is cooked well. (If required add very little water)
- After shrimp gets cooked add mixed vegetables, chopped spring onions, chopped coriander leaves.
- Beat eggs and mix well with shrimp mixture.
- Next Add the cooked rice and chilli sauce.
- Mix well and serve with any spicy sauce.