Tindora Rice is a Simple and Easy to make. This is a big favorite of mine and likes to have it in my lunch box daily.
Tindora rice has a true flavor of Tindora in each bite, mild spicy due to green chillies, red chilli powder and nice crunchy texture with coconut and vegetables.
For this, Tindora are fried separately and then added to rice preparation. This way Tindora not only has its crispness but also enhances the flavor of the rice by imparting its flavor.
Tindora/Dondakkaya chopped – 1 cup
Rice – 1 cup
Jeera – ½ tsp
Onion chopped - 1 small
Shredded coconut – ½ cup
Boiled potatoes, mixed vegetables ( carrot, peas, corn) – ½ cup
Chillies chopped – 2 no
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
Curry leaves – 4 no
Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
Lemon Juice – 4 tsps
Salt As Required
Oil - 4 tsp
- Wash and Cook rice with 2 cups water and cool
- In a cooking pan heat oil and add jeera after it splutters add onion, green chillies, curry leaves
- After onion gets soft add tindora.
- Add salt, coriander powder and cook by covering the pan with a lid
- Meanwhile boil potatoes, mixed vegetables in microwave for 5 mins
- When tindora gets almost cooked add above boiled vegetables and shredded coconut.
- Cook for 5 -10 mins.
- Add red chilli powder if required. Lastly add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add cooked rice and mix well till the tindora mixture mixes well with rice.
- Serve with raita.