Today for dinner I prepared Radish Tomato Curry. Radish is a root vegetable grown in many varieties and color. I prepared this curry by using white radish and tomato. This curry is very diet friendly and simple and easy to make.
My mom used to make this curry regularly and I used to like the flavour of this dish. This goes well with rotis, chapthis and rice.
White radish – 1 large
Tomatoes – 2 no
Onion -1 small
Green chillies – 2 no chopped
Curry leaves – 4 to 5 no
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Jeera – ¼ tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp (based on spiciness)
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Salt As Required
- Gently scrape the skin on the radish and wash it
- Grate the radish and keep aside.
- When we grate the radish we get water from it. Keep this water also aside.
- Add oil in a heated cooking vessel, allow mustard seeds and jeera to splutter and then add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves
- Saute till the onions turn slightly brown
- Add grated radish and mix well to give an even coat of all ingredients
- Add some radish water and cover with lid and cook for 15-20 mins
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and mix well
- Once the radish is almost cooked add the chopped tomatoes and mix well
- Keep mixing periodically and sprinkle more radish water if required
- Cook for another 10 mins or till the radish absorbs tomato flavour.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves just before remove from heat.
- Serve with rice or rotis.
Sending this to Veggie/Fruit a Month - Radish hosted by sweet artichoke originally started by Priya, CWF-WF/WV-Tomato hosted by sanyukta originally started by kiran, C for Colorful Curries hosted by charitha, Walking through the memory Lane hosted by gayathri