This Fish Curry tastes so delicious. This is my mom’s recipe and I used to have this curry a lot of times when I was kid.
This curry is a different variety which is rich, mildly spiced gravy with handpicked spices added in prefect proportions to recreate truly authentic Fish Curry. When Fresh or live fish is not available we can use Fillets. I usually use fillets for making this curry as we need to drive many miles to get fresh fish.
Fish Iguru tastes totally different from Fish Curry.
Fish Fillets – 3 no cut into medium pieces
Onion – 2 no big
Green Chillies – 4-5 no finely chopped
Curry leaves – 10 no
Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Red chilli Powder – 2 tsp or as required
Salt as Required
Oil – 5 to 6 tsps
Spices to make paste
Garlic – 2 pods
Ginger – ½ inch
Jeera – 1 tsp
Corinder seeds – 1 tsp
Khus Khus/ gasagasalu – 1 tsp
Dry shredded Coconut – ½ tsp
Cloves – 2 no
Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Grind all the above masalas ( In Spices section) to make a fine paste.
- Take oil in a wide pan, after oil gets heated add chopped onions.
- After 1 or 2 mins add chopped green chillies, curry leaves.
- Cook onions till they turn soft, stir in between.
- Add fish fillets to it.
- Now add masala paste along with turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and cook well.
- Add water (1/2 cup) and cook the curry for few more minutes covering the lid.
- Cook the curry removing the lid and cook till oil floats and comes near as a gravy
- Finally garnish the curry with corinder leaves and serve with hot rice.