Today I am posting a different version of chicken biryani which I learnt from my friend Tulasi. This version is quite unique and tastes divine.
This recipe is simple then other chicken biryanis where we separately prepare basmati rice and chicken and lastly mix them.
Chicken – 3 lbs
Onions – 2 no medium
Tomatoes – 2 no small
Basmati Rice – 3 glasses
Butter – 2 tsp
Oil – 4 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste – 4 tsp
Garam Masala – 4 tsp
Javitri powder – 4 tsp
Fennel seeds powder – 2 tsp
Salt As Required
Red Chilli Powder As required
Chicken Masala – 2 tsp
Daniya powder/Coriander -2 tsp
- In a pan take ¼ tsp oil and fry onions, make paste and keep aside.
- In the same pan add ¼ tsp oil fry tomatoes, make paste and keep aside.
- To prepare biryani Rice Soak 3 glasses of rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Take pan and add butter and oil
- Now add 4 tsps of Onion paste and 3 tsps of Tomato paste and fry for 4 mins
- After 4 mins add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 mins.
- Put 2 tsps of garam masala, 2tsps of javitri powder and 2 tsps of feenel seeds powder and cook for a minute.
- Now add salt and red chilli powder and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Drain water from basmati rice and mix rice well with above masala.
- Take the rice into rice cooker add water (for 1 glass of basmati rice add ½ glass of water).
- Add ½ tsp butter to it and cook rice till done.
- Meanwhile prepare cleaned chicken by taking it in pressure cooker and cook for one whistle.
- In a pan add oil and now add 5 tsps of onion paste and 4 tsps of tomato paste and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add 2 tsps of ginger garlic paste and add boiled chicken and cook for some time.
- Now add 2 tsps of each -Garam masala, Chicken masala, Daniya powder, Javitri powder, Fennel seeds powder, salt and chilli powder and fry for some time.
- Lastly mix rice and chicken fry well.
- Yummy Biryani is ready!!