Spring Onions also known as Scallions is an edible vegetable which is onion-like having green leaves which is very rich in iron,calcium and vitamin A. This vegetable is mainly used for soups and in Chinese dishes. I learnt this recipe from my mom which tastes very yummy.
Spring onion channa curry is very simple and nice flavorful curry which can be prepared in very less time. This curry goes well with Rotis or Steamed Rice.
Spring Onions – 3 bunches
Channa Dal – ½ cup
Onion – 1 no
Green Chilli – 1 no
Ginger Garlic paste – ¼ tsp
Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
Jeera – ¼ tsp
Curry leaves – 5 no
Oil – 4 tsp
Salt As Required
Red Chilli powder As Required
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Soak Chana dal in water for 1hr and Pressure Cook channa dal for 1 whistle. After channa dal gets boiled, take dal and keep aside
- In a cooking pan heat oil and add curry leaves, mustrad seeds and jeera. Once mustard seeds splutter add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 min.
- Now add chopped onions and chopped green chillies and cook for 5 mins or till onions turn soft.
- Add chopped spring onions, turmeric powder,salt,red chilli powder, garam masala mix well and cook for 5 mins.
- Now add boiled channa dal mix well and fry for 3 mins.
- Add 5 tsps of water ( very little water) and cover with lid and cook for 5-10 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook the curry for 2 more mins.
- Serve with rice or chapati.
Sending this to Dish Name starts with S hosted by Akila, My Legume Love affair hosted by Kalyani started by Susan and now managing by Lisa, Walk through memory lane hosted by Sowmya started by gayatri